The Samunder Club of Houston is an association of Indian maritime professionals, residing in and around the Houston area, with our head office in Houston, Texas.
The club was formed following informal and social get-togethers organized by local marine professionals of Indian origin. The benefits of mutual support, information
exchange and networking resulted in the formal founding of the club in November 1993.
Subsequent to continuous growth and enhanced professional recognition, The Club was incorporated in January 2005 and is now Samunder Club Inc.
The specific objectives and purposes of this Club shall be:
(A) To promote public recognition of the important contribution being made by Indian marine
professionals to the marine industry, and
(B) Build a superior image of Indian marine professionals.
Additionally, in furtherance thereof, but not otherwise restricted to:
Towards achieving these objectives the club organizes certain events on an annual basis which include:
- Encourage and promote a high standard of qualification, competence and knowledge among those engaged in marine operations, naval architecture and marine
- Afford facilities for exchange of information and ideas among its members and place on record and disseminate the results of research, experience, and information
relative to the objects.
- Promote the professional integrity and status of its members and afford facilities for advancement in knowledge of their profession.
- Co-operate with educational institutions and public education authorities for the furtherance of education in marine operations, naval architecture and marine
- Encourage and sponsor such research and other inquiries as may be considered important to advancement of knowledge of marine operations, naval architecture and
- Regular general body meetings, at least 4 a year, with a presentation by a member or guest speaker.
- At least one meeting with a presentation made by a prominent member of the Houston maritime community. This is generally a sponsored event, with members
inviting guests from all branches of the marine industry.
- A formal Foundation Day dinner held annually in November.
- A summer picnic.
- Golf outings in Spring and Fall.
More about our Club :
All Rights Reserved - Copyright Samunder Club (R) - 2015
|Samunder Club Of Houston
Please send us your comments / suggestions on our website.
We would love to hear from you. Thank you. (Click to send)